Sunday, May 6, 2012

The zoo and a zombie dad!

Friday night Binni had a few friends over fora PS LAN party. I left the house after Markús was put to bed and returned just after midnight. I went to bed and woke up at 7:00 when Binni came into bed. Usually Markús would be up my 7, but since he wasn't I figured I'd sleep a little longer. At 7:30 I went into him to get him up and I found one of Binni's friends still playing in the livingroom. He finished shortly after and went home.
But what was Markús and I going to do in a house full of sleeping men? We had been smart enough to have made plans. We were going to the zoo with two of Markús's friends and their mothers. So we played around a bit, had some breakfast, took a long morning nap (only Markús) and took the bus around 10:30.
But before we left we went in to say goodbye to Pabbi (and take a picture of him. So peacefully asleep in his "call of duty" pj pants, his "Heman" T-shirt, and his "transformars" bedsheets) I love my husband and the man he is!

On the bus Markús started out great! Super charming and saying "hi hi hi HI" to EVERYBODY that passed him. And since we were in the front of the bus everybody passed him. :)


Then something strange happened. A teenage boy wearing bright pink pants came into the bus and Markús's face change and he followed him silently from the moment he spotted him till the boy sat down and Markús couldn't see him anymore. This is right after he walked by:


When we got to the zoo Markús was having the time of his life. Mostly with his two friends and running in and out of buildings but he also saw some animals. Here we are at the foxes cage.


The seals were a big hit and so was the little concrete stepping stone before the glass. Just the perfect size to step up on...


... and sit on. However whenever the seals swam by the did catch his attention. (here he is with his friend Sara)


He liked the small lambs. Especially this one that was close enough and still enough for them to pet it.



He also liked the calves (baby cows) And he was petting them until one of them licked his hand. Then he just laughed to much every time I tried to take his hand close enough to touch it again. I'm sad I didn't get a video or picture of that.

Finally we headed home. On the way we found a beautiful flower.


He held onto it very nicely until it became to big of a temptation and he just had to try and eat it. (He didn't like the taste)


We called Pabbi up around 14:30 and woke him up.
A great and eventful weekend for all 3 of us. :)

1 comment: